Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024, 12:19

Heures au format UTC

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 19 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Re: Duotone Warp 2019
MessagePosté: 30 Avr 2021, 17:30 

J'ai pris une 9.4 pour remplacer ma F2016 9.6.
Elle est neuve, au gréage c'est super facile (la doc dit "3 minutes pour gréer", on doit pas en être loin! :o ), sauf cette foutue protec de pied de mat ultra raide :evil: pas possible à retourner. Grée sur un Plat' 4.9 de 2017 le passage de cams est sec mais ça passe nickel, jamais eu à forcer / savater le cam 1. Pourtant j'étais à 5 cm du repère max (le fred). Pas eu besoin d'ajouter de spacers, tension de lattes ok, réglage de rallonge suivant les précos.
Première sortie, donc il faut qu'elle se "fasse" un peu mais je dirais qu'elle a plus de watts que la 2016. J'étais en plan d'eau intérieur avec de bonnes claques, fallait que j'ouvre un peu. Tandis qu'avec la 9.6 je pouvais rester avec la bordure sur le pont, ça mouftait pas dans des conditions similaires. Ca a été forcément mieux en passant sur l’œillet du bas. On verra bien à l'usage. J'ai l'impression qu'elle est aussi un poil plus lourde, notamment au niveau du fourreau de mat :wink: .

MessagePosté: 01 Mai 2021, 08:54 

Past Summer I had an occasion to test a '19 7.7 Warp, rigged on its proper mast and tuned by the owner who is an experienced sailor.
I can not keep this. I could not even dream that a sail with such a glorious pedigree from a top brand could be that UGLY. Lots of backhand and lots of physical engagement. Lots of lateral force and little forward propulsion. Maybe it turns OK on PWA slalom format downwind courses in the hand of an athlete that can withstand its high demands, but for a normal guy (meaning: slalom sailing since decades but not a competing athlete) doing normal sailing (upwind/downwind) it's pathetic. I even thought that, if it was the only sail model available, I'd become a kiter.
By comparison in the same conditions my '20 7.0 Venom was producing similar propulsion with only a small fraction of the physical engagement, resulting in easier planing, better accelleration and far superior control at speed.
The test made my appreciation of Pierre Mortefon as an athlete to rise to very high levels, and that of the PlancheMag testers' honesty to drop even lower than it usually was.

KingFins E5

MessagePosté: 01 Mai 2021, 10:44 

My main goal for the 9.4 is (as per Jeremy Clarkon's rule): Pooooowwwweeeeeer!!! :lol: in the light wind.
But on the higher part of the program, I agree with your feeling, it requests some (a lot? :oops: ) more physical engagement than a Venom (not tested) or my Loft RBs...

MessagePosté: 01 Mai 2021, 10:57 

Ronan L a écrit:
My main goal for the 9.4 is (as per Jeremy Clarkon's rule): Pooooowwwweeeeeer!!! :lol: in the light wind.
But on the higher part of the program, I agree with your feeling, it requests some (a lot? :oops: ) more physical engagement than a Venom (not tested) or my Loft RBs...

I am not criticizing the bigger sizes. And I reckon that NorthSails/Duotone led the change in lightwind sizes from previous "super twisted leech, bigger size" trend towards the newer "more efficient, smaller size, tighter leech" one that started with the 9.0 size used by Matteo Iachino when he was sponsored by NorthSails. Many other sail brands followed that path.

KingFins E5

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 19 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Heures au format UTC