Nous sommes le 28 Avr 2024, 13:33

Heures au format UTC

Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Gaastra Vapor '08 11,0
MessagePosté: 19 Avr 2008, 18:42 

Today shake down of 2008 FW quiver.Everything new.
Starboard 162,Vapor 11,Gold 550. Boom an fin used...
Wind solid 17-22 knt , hard steep chop , strong tide.
In the beginning I was scared to not be able to afford tis kind of condition.Lot o stuff to trim and no FW session since late january.Anyway.
Sail is TOTALLY different to what I have been used to (north and pryde).I've needed to come ashore a couple of time as I've had some cam rotation problem.I guess it's happened because of too much downhaul (and,of course,because the sail is new).Relayed 1 cm DH,thightened battens and strongly pulled the tack strap the sail appeared a new thing!!The area below the boom appeared much more fuller (still continuing the leech being very opened).Gone in the water once more I re-find a better known feeling.Power is always present but the sail is very comunicative.It's not "deaf" but you always know what's happening (while with the warp there was no chance for that).Sometimes I've had the feeling of a spring and I need to get used to but it gives me a lot of confident when I think at 12!
Back hand is charged a bit more compared to NP and North so I've reared my hearness lines.
We were 5 fw in the water but I didn't want really test against because I wanted familiarize with new stuff.So my feeling about pure performance,at the moment,is not really honest.
Upwind was a bit complicated because new set up needed to be found and that "spring" (or softer" feeling) was totally new for me.But if I re-think at my angle and speed I realize I wasn't slower than last season....
Downwind IS A PARTY!!!
F....ing fast and easy.Just release OH,put your rear feet into the (outside!) strap and go.Unbelievable.Never used something similar.In my opinion a better match with Starboard than the Warp.
It seemed to me that the sail is very sensitive to OH trim.

Just my 2 cents

Heures au format UTC