Nous sommes le 28 Mar 2024, 18:22

Heures au format UTC

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 72 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Re: MISTRAL 2013
MessagePosté: 30 Oct 2013, 23:01 

Got couple of sessions more on the 137.
I'm currently still searching the best basic settings to cope the different conditions.
As I've sold all my sails the only size I've used with was the Blade '13 8,6.Concerning fins I've tested Virus carbon 46/44 and F-Hot carbon s3 45/42.Sessions were sailed both in flat water/off shore wind and steep chop side on shore wind.So far 4 sessions very different each.Some great and some shitty.The different mood dependes mostly from the right trim for the day condition.Basically tested almost the whole mast track,starting from far ahead to finish covering the square at the back.I think there's no error setting totally different for different situations.
The board flies very low ABOVE the water,with a ride never experienced before.The water touch is super SMOOTH.When in the past I've sailed the double concaves Manta 79 (2008) it was comfy but if you touched the water with any part of the hull (except the last 1/4) it slowed down.The Mistral nevr touch and never slow down,even with the low water line.It can seam scary but it's a matter of getting used.
I've always had enough wind for the 8,6 (even today at 11-15 kts) so it's hard to say if it's a quick planning board or not.Being alone in the light breeze,with my 8,6 set veeery different than usual,with a far back mast base and a eyes raised boom height,it got no probem to keep going from standing (different stuff is re-accellerate after a gybe.There you have to find the right spot to step in in order to pump up the sail and motor up the board.A bit different than usual).As soon as you are planning you want all the power possible from your sail because the board,if not proper powered up,can feel dull.It's very hard to feel the speed.Actually I should have clock it with my gps but today the battery has given me a joke!
In my opinion will be very difficult being competitive with such a small sail (per given wind) in a fleet rounding marks if not well powered up.For light wind you do need the 9,5! BUT,and guess that's the real difference with the Isonic,you can charge a shorter (but powerfull) fin size.I'd say a 46/45 will make the job.Usually shorter is quicker... I also have a feeling about the sail that best fit with this board but will be more precise in the future after some more session.
Thinking at windier session (15-20 kts) I struggled to find the right setting as the board got a strange behaviour:didn't feel the accelleration but as soon it was powered up the nose came up too dangerously.Probably I've wronged the sail trim.Balanced the problem using the 42.Great grip at low speed,Great lift.Nice speed.Wanted test also the 38 but the screws didn't cooperated.
There a huge speed difference between cross wind and downwind legs.When you can bear off the smile comes easily in your face!With the Isonic this difference is tiny.
Now I'm more used to gybe with the longer board.It rounds any carve you demand with almost no speed loss and no bounce.
Still feel flooded when a gust hits the sail but not understood where this problem comes from and how sort it up.Sometime I've thought it was the sail no right breathing.Sometime I've thought it was the fin.Now I'm convinced it want to be always WELL POWERED UP.It's a very powerfull-not back leg burning board which want a magic stick to running free...

Next session hope to test a different sail brand....

Keep you informed.

MessagePosté: 05 Nov 2013, 13:29 

Is it your own board giu?

Vends MauiSails carbone 190-240 + ailerons de slalom

MessagePosté: 05 Nov 2013, 13:34 

MessagePosté: 10 Nov 2013, 21:59 

Got my first session in about 20-25 kts and choppy water (not nasty as usual)
Sail Np evo2 7,0.Fin Tectonic f1 falcon 34.
The board floats more than my old isonic 90 2011.I could dislocate untill the wind area with no big problems.It keeps going pretty soon and accellerates quick.Needed to make a couple of changes with the settings but so far it seems easier to get settled in (compared to the 137).The board tracks super smooth and never catches or sticks.In the gusts it just accellerates without getting scary and with no loss of contact with the water surface.Very agreable tough.I think my fin had no enough grip for the up and down of the wind so a couple of spin out occurred (that's also related to the new ride as well).Gybes were not super (even if I've never got wet) because of me.It pulled tight as well as medium arcs with no problem.The wind faded to early to say more.

So far,happy.

p.s. it could be really a very good choice for the gps lovers who sail in less than ideal conditions.

MessagePosté: 11 Nov 2013, 08:05 

Salut

Se serrait cool de retranscrire les textes en français avant de posté non :?:

S2 maui venom 7,6 ,7. 6,3 , 5,7 , 5 m
JP fw 85 \ ice 4,5 / 5,3
vtt GT sensor pro al

Concepteur de l'étarqueur à cliquet pour un réglage pilpoual de vos voiles
https://zupimages.net/up/23/34/uwmw.png

MessagePosté: 11 Nov 2013, 08:32 

Yes,it would be cool if I could post in a correct french... ...I'm sorry,it's already a miracle I can read and understand it enough to enjoy this forum!

Have a nice day.

MessagePosté: 11 Nov 2013, 10:06 

Fred, Giu fait déjà l'effort de poster en anglais et non en italien ;)

Vends MauiSails carbone 190-240 + ailerons de slalom

MessagePosté: 11 Nov 2013, 10:38 

francois a écrit:
Fred, Giu fait déjà l'effort de poster en anglais et non en italien ;)

Pas de soucis , je dis ça pour les réfractaires à la langue de shakespeare et qui zappe direct le poste qui doit être très intéressant :wink:

Pour Giu , le site. http://www.reverso.net/text_translation.aspx?lang=FR est pas mal foutu :wink:

Fred

S2 maui venom 7,6 ,7. 6,3 , 5,7 , 5 m
JP fw 85 \ ice 4,5 / 5,3
vtt GT sensor pro al

Concepteur de l'étarqueur à cliquet pour un réglage pilpoual de vos voiles
https://zupimages.net/up/23/34/uwmw.png

MessagePosté: 11 Nov 2013, 18:43 

Merci en tout cas pour ces commentaires sur les mistral, parce qu'elles sont bien rare ici...

Spot: Monteynard - Leucate - Argelès. AV Loop 3.0 et 2.4
Feedback Stef38

MessagePosté: 11 Nov 2013, 21:25 

alors que la speed 42 a l'air bien bonne! :twisted:

MessagePosté: 18 Nov 2013, 22:10 

Test - test - test ...and test...

M 137 / Z sl 48 s- / evo2 9,5 / 8-10 kts / all alone (!)

It goes! Too patchy wind and nobody to compare to say if it's good enough or not but it kept going quite easy. Very different ride feeling compared to the Isonic 127.

Next time (same condition) want experience with the Blade 9,6...

MessagePosté: 21 Nov 2013, 15:06 

giu a écrit:
. Very different ride feeling compared to the Isonic 127.

i.e? what do u mean Giu?

MessagePosté: 21 Nov 2013, 17:51 

Starboard needs big power from sail and a good lift from fin to keep going as it tends to stick in non planning mode (expecially in choppy water).As long as it keeps going it rides free and point upwind with no efforts.Great across the wind too.In overpowered condition (127) is for powerfull guys.In my view reducing fin size doesn't really help so much (even if late test showed good results).Plus,I've never liked it with sails smaller than 9,...

Mistral (totally unexpected) seems to need less power (!!!) to keep going in the light.It was first time I've experienced what they say about the longer flat underhull.It basically works for you and smoothly makes the board plane.As soon you are planning the board feels glued to the water surface (but you,actually,aren't).Low ride but no friction.It's slick,slippery.Big amount of grip even at low end and no drifting.The board tracks where you want at any speed.Maybe it has not the same speed while pointing up than the IS (need to test versus) but,I'm sure,it's faster off the wind.No match when you want switch down with sail and fin sizes or when you're overpowered.Back leg is more relaxed and you don't have to push the board nose down to stay comfy.BUT,need to play with the settings.They're not as intuitive as the IS.I'd say that 9,5 - 7,8 is pretty easy (tested also the 7,0 - 38 but want to sail more before say something abou that).So far tested fins 48 -38.

p.s. The Starboard is well known for control in rough conditions and chop handling.With Mistral you have not to work out for that.It's has both control/comfort AND speed. And rougher is better for M.

MessagePosté: 07 Déc 2013, 20:43 

Mistral et Anders au salon nautique, quelle belle surprise !

MessagePosté: 07 Déc 2013, 21:16 

Feedback Angello

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 72 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivante

Heures au format UTC