Nous sommes le 19 Avr 2024, 03:27

Heures au format UTC

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 37 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: FRPGEAR FLY FOIL
MessagePosté: 14 Aoû 2018, 16:03 

Hey. What stable foil did a Russian emigrant who lives in the United States. Do not pumple, took it and went.

http://frpgear.com/frpgear-fly-foil1.html

Sujet du message: Re: FRPGEAR FLY FOIL
MessagePosté: 15 Aoû 2018, 07:47 

I do not know about his foil, but he made a lot of fuzz around his fin-foil last year and all the people who have sailed them said it was absolute crap

The problem of the guy is that he maybe very competent in mechanic but he knows nothing about windsurfing - you can see on his site or on this video that he does not know the difference between a wave sail and a racing one...

MessagePosté: 15 Aoû 2018, 16:01 

I am interested in the new hydrofoil concept from frpgear.
http://frpgear.com/frpgear-fly-foil1.html
Do you see any advantages or disadvantages? The main advantage for me is the suggested price under $500 for full carbon. Are you saying that it is an advantage that frp gear knows how to make carbon parts and it is disadvantage that frpgear does not know how to windsurf? Just to clarify: this is windfoiling discussion, not windsurfing.
However, let me ask you about you personal experience with frpgear hydrofoil-fin:
If you say that you know many sailors who actually used frpgear fin it must be popular. Right? What models did your informers use? Have they published any comments on any forum? Just prefer getting reviews from the first hands. The reason I am interested in actual users comment is because I can find many negative comments on frpgear products from people who newer used them but know others used them. Interestingly, all the published reviews from the real frpgear customers are very positive. Here is a review from Bulgaria:
https://windsurf.bg/forum/index.php?...topic=10157.45
See post 59. Google translation to English:
“Answer: FLY-FIN
« Reply # 46 -: 09/05/2018 20:41»
The time has come to share the impressions of the test and the work of the 2020 model. I was a little late, but now I have the opportunity to test.
Yesterday, 08.05. the Dabnika super day! Wind 5-6m, winds at no more than 7 , sun and only 2 surfboards.
Boards 138l., Width 80cm, Exoset XMove, I am 90kg, sails 6.8 and 7.8
1. With a canvas 6.8 beach start and immediately accelerate. At every gust the board comes out on a glide. Extremely easy to manage, do not load your feet, Spinach is not at all-no !!!
It requires a more upright position, the mast slightly backwards, the paws also back, the legs are almost in the gutters, which is big +, a little acceleration and you're in it! And this on a weak wind! The board with this fin is stable in the firing and has an even more sharp course when boarding.
2.Flat 7.8. Well, there is no such thing! The board runs smoothly, there are no shocks in the gusts, leg control is stable but requires precision! Do not endure strong appearances! Only soft and light pressures! There is no sticking on the board. Extremely nice gliding! Oops, Dumbika knows what it is, is processed without any disturbances, the board just eats it like a hungry dog!
I am extremely pleased with this fin! Yes
I wait a good time to try and model 2019+ with my other board 118L, 75cm. y, which I will report immediately!Wink
So, on 5th and 6th 05th, I was at the Garden and on a still weaker wind, with this miracle, in the water-displacement mode, the boat-boat style I got to the middle of the bay and back. Then I picked up a Race MFC 48sm. and ..... just shuffling. Almost no movement!
That's it for now !
I will not go into the details and discussions about the hydrodynamic characteristics of the product, I will only say that it is excellently conceived!
Thank you, Stepan!”

MessagePosté: 15 Aoû 2018, 18:59 

"main advantage for me is the suggested price"...

For me it strongly sound like you want first to buy a price, not a product...

Voiles : freeraces 2 - 3 cam de 5.9 à 9.0
1.86 m - 100 kg

MessagePosté: 16 Aoû 2018, 19:17 

Citation:
this is windfoiling discussion, not windsurfing.

Windfoiling is a subdivision of windsurfing, as is waveriding, slalom, raceboard...

And last year, the frp guy said windfoiling sucked and that his foil-fin where far better... he changed his mind apparently

MessagePosté: 17 Aoû 2018, 11:37 

I would agree with you if frp offered just another hydrofoil clone that is already manufactured by over 100 companies.
FRP has been criticizing high price and design of the traditional hydrofoil and invented low cost flyfin alternative. Now frp invented a new cool looking full carbon foil at a fraction of the price.
Yes! This new frp hydrofoil design blows you mind completely because this is the sexiest hydrofoil design on the market. I am not surprised Soviets can make design sexy considering hanging around beautiful Soviet women. FRP has nailed it just right: beach related product has to look sexy.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pN...JqJxzc9X=s1600

https://www.vincentabbey.co.uk/v/pho...etic-handstand

MessagePosté: 17 Aoû 2018, 16:33 

I don’t understand what you want ???
Do you want to buy it are you here to advertise for FRP ?
If first option, buy it, compare it to other foils with video and after we could speak about it... All we could see about FRP are bad quality videos on which you see nothing except very poor level of riding in not good conditions.
Personally, nothing I've seen gives me even the desire to be interested in their products.
If second option, just tell it clearly.
Indeed a lot of brands have similar designs, but it must be for a good reason... maybe because it works.
If you do not manage to make stabilized flights, either you have to practice more or you have to try stable foils as AFS 85 or others like this. Recents foils allow to make stable flights quite fast, in a few hours max.

MessagePosté: 17 Aoû 2018, 19:21 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3zpXo1 ... e=youtu.be

MessagePosté: 17 Aoû 2018, 19:27 

I want to say we have a wind in Russia that is not as stable as you have in France at sea. And my father, 64, will hardly want to buy a foil to fall in an unstable wind. Yes, and foils are very expensive the most not expensive and normal is a manta foil 700 dollars. A foil frpgear has two legs and stability more and no need to pump (try in 64 years pump I'll look at you)

MessagePosté: 12 Nov 2018, 18:11 

A new foil is very stable and rides in light wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIBYrI0tBIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HlWB0x53q0&t=324s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu0QvqnZYBk&t=88s

MessagePosté: 13 Nov 2018, 10:02 

Always the same rotten videos that do not prove anything! As for stability, nothing transcendent either. And why always cut videos before jibes?
In addition, with this design, it seems clearly limited for use on choppy/rough water. Beyond 20-30cm, it's like windsurfing.
When is a real comparative test with competent guys.

MessagePosté: 13 Nov 2018, 12:17 

Exactly, always the same shit from FRPgear. And Anton please, buy a new board to your son, he deserves it ^^

MessagePosté: 13 Nov 2018, 12:44 

Localisation: Nouvelle-Calédonie (22° S.), Kanaha, Kihei (21° N.)
Anton doit être le type qui conçoit/fabrique/vend FRP gear. Probablement, pub de m..de pour du matos de m..de.

MessagePosté: 13 Nov 2018, 12:50 

Je comprends pas trop vos réactions.

les mecs essaient autre chose et le partage, ce qui me parait plutôt mieux que de copier/coller les autres en s'appropriant leurs idées.

A moins qu'ils n'aient crié haut et fort que leur solution est meilleur que celles des autres sans pouvoir le justifier, je vois pas trop le pb?

Je dis ça alors que je ne suis pas trop convaincu par ce projet, à part le fait qu'il vole avec très peu de vent mais certes très peu vite.

Après faut être indulgent, tout le monde n'a pas un frangin vidéaste talentueux :wink:

MessagePosté: 13 Nov 2018, 13:16 

Localisation: Nouvelle-Calédonie (22° S.), Kanaha, Kihei (21° N.)
Pas de pb à essayer un truc différent, génial ou nul. Le pb, c'est le type qui vient sur le forum t'expliquer: "je suis intéressé par tel produit de telle marque, qui est génial", comme s'il était un consommateur lambda, alors qu'il est en train de faire la pub de sa marque. Il devrait dire: "j'ai mis au point ci ou ça, c'est génial, essayez!".
Là, tout serait clair.

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 37 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Heures au format UTC